Orcas Center Box Office
Orcas Center Job Opening: Facilities Manager
The Facilities Manager, non-exempt, 3-5 days a week, is responsible for the following tasks:
- Performs and/or supervise routine facility and grounds management and maintenance
- Purchase, inventory, and stock facility consumables (bulbs, ballasts, electrical and plumbing repair parts)
- Performs minor repairs and improvements to the facility, grounds and equipment, as needed
- Plans, schedules, budgets and implements special maintenance projects
- Develops/maintains a multi-year plan for the replacement of major capital items, major repairs, improvements to the building and grounds
- Ensures OSHA, NFPA and ADA regulation compliance
- Develops and maintains documentation of facility systems and equipment
- Manage volunteers for facility and grounds repairs and improvements
- Oversees annual maintenance contracts and ensures fulfillment of those contracts (HVAC, fire and safety equipment and systems, etc.)
- Performs other facility-related tasks as needed
- Works with lighting volunteer to trouble shoot, source parts, and repair theater lighting instruments and cables
- Perform necessary support for Theater Productions and Visual Art Shows as needed
Facility Rentals Support
- Acts as primary support for renters and potential renters
- Schedules, contracts with and supports renters
- Developments and maintains rental information documents
- Responsibility for creating a multi-year plan for replacement of major capital items, major repairs, improvements to the building and grounds.
- Project management of various events/venues.
Position reports to: Executive Director
This is a part-time 16-24 hours per week contract position.
Orcas Center Marketing Internship
Marketing/Advertising Internship Opportunity
Over the course of this internship, the Marketing/Advertising Intern will learn how various marketing channels including, print and electronic advertising, direct mail, website and social media can expand the audience of an arts organization. By working with the Marketing lead, the intern will be able to identify the marketing, advertising and promotional needs of Orcas Center and assist in the creation and implementation of various marketing campaigns to be launched during the summer. This is a great opportunity for a take-charge student to develop their marketing and advertising skills to execute a campaign from start to finish.
- Assist in developing a marketing campaign to expand audience and social media following.
- Updating content that will be live on the Orcas Center’s website and Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Assisting with program promotions, advertising and fundraisers (poster distribution in Eastsound, analyzing survey data, etc.)
- Updating online newsletter and e-mail subscriber lists.
The successful candidate is dependable, flexible, and is highly self-motivated. S/he has working knowledge of popular social media platforms, and ideally has some experience with MS Office software. It is also helpful if the intern has reliable access to a computer outside of the office, though it is not necessary.
This is an unpaid position and will satisfy WA State school credit requirement.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to Brian Kemp, Executive Director, email@example.com with “Arts Intern” in the subject line.
On an ongoing basis, we have a number of volunteer positions.