Orcas Center Box Office
Box Office Manager & Volunteer Coordinator
Tuesday, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays 12-3 and 1 hour prior to performance for all evening and afternoon performances (usually Thursdays – Sundays 20 – 24 hours a week).
Manage Box Office
- Maintain Box Office Program files (archives: posters, programs, articles)
- Maintain supplies in Box Office, including ticket stock and First Aid
- Process and manage Box Office email
- Update Box Office Telephone message weekly
- Maintain box office system including notebooks and forms file for box office staff and volunteers
- Create and maintain Volunteer White Book
- Learn how to reset modem, handle power outages etc.
- Primary staffs interface with public, information services: answering questions about programs, classes, parents finding kids, kids finding parents, locating visual arts specs and lost and found etc.
- Serve as liaison between Orcas Center and the VAC for art exhibit intake/outtake and art opening receptions by providing bar till
- Process Summer Camp and Workshop registrations as needed
Front of House Volunteer Management
- Oversee, train and coordinate front of house volunteers including box office, house managers, ushers, and beverage and merchandise/cd sales
- Staff volunteers for all OC produced events (concession seller, ushers, house manager and Box Office as needed) and provide House Managers for rentals
- Ensure Box Office support for all ticketed events one hour before performance, including Black Box and Chamber Music Festival
- Perform box office duties in absence of staff or volunteers
- Oversee and coordinate work schedule for box office and front of house volunteers and staff
- Encourage and invigorate volunteer participation through Box Office contact and outreach
- Manage Volunteer recognition and rewards
- Lead volunteer trainings for new ushers, beverage sales and house managers
Ticket Sales and Performance Promotion
- Manage ticketing and membership patron database
- Maintain Business Sponsor comps
- Create daily box office reports from Ovation for Bookkeeper and others as needed
- Process and market membership (on-going—primary membership sales processing November-February)
- Manage Ovation Event ticketing creation and set up, reports etc.
- Assist in maintenance of all event files on the network updating text and images used for publication and other promotional writing
- Create performance programs as needed
- Write weekly curtain speeches and assign to community member, volunteer, staff member or Board member
- Read all marketing and promotion materials for knowledgeable patron communication
- Reserved seating signs as notified
- Manage listening assist system and training protocol for volunteers
- OICMF presale entry for both tickets and holds, and Early Bird sales
- Build OICMF event ticketing in Ovation for entire festival (10-13 concerts)(Built in April – launched May)
- Build all 2018 Membership packages in Ovation (build 2018-2019 membership in June/July)
Position reports to: Executive Director & Marketing Director
This is a part-time 20-24 hours per week contract position.
Orcas Center Marketing Internship
Marketing/Advertising Internship Opportunity
Over the course of this internship, the Marketing/Advertising Intern will learn how various marketing channels including, print and electronic advertising, direct mail, website and social media can expand the audience of an arts organization. By working with the Marketing lead, the intern will be able to identify the marketing, advertising and promotional needs of Orcas Center and assist in the creation and implementation of various marketing campaigns to be launched during the summer. This is a great opportunity for a take-charge student to develop their marketing and advertising skills to execute a campaign from start to finish.
- Assist in developing a marketing campaign to expand audience and social media following.
- Updating content that will be live on the Orcas Center’s website and Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Assisting with program promotions, advertising and fundraisers (poster distribution in Eastsound, analyzing survey data, etc.)
- Updating online newsletter and e-mail subscriber lists.
The successful candidate is dependable, flexible, and is highly self-motivated. S/he has working knowledge of popular social media platforms, and ideally has some experience with MS Office software. It is also helpful if the intern has reliable access to a computer outside of the office, though it is not necessary.
This is an unpaid position and will satisfy WA State school credit requirement.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to Brian Kemp, Executive Director, email@example.com with “Arts Intern” in the subject line.
On an ongoing basis, we have a number of volunteer positions.