Orcas Center offers a diverse sampling of the world’s best performing arts–theatre, ballet, and opera–without leaving the island!
- All the shows are filmed live with an actual audience during a live performance.
- You get to view these shows from the best seat in the house in the world’s most renowned theatres.
- You get to view these productions on our 24’ wide HD projection screen and full 5.1 surround sound.
- The shows are reliably at 1pm on almost every Saturday.
- Tickets just $12 for general admission, or $10 for students/seniors/members
This Saturday, March 2nd, Orcas Center is proud to present Adriana LeCouvreur.
World Premiere: Teatro Lirico, Milan, 1902, composed by Francesco Cilea. Adriana LeCouvreur occupies a unique place in the repertory: largely dismissed by experts from its premiere to the present day yet cherished by its fans for the dramatic possibilities provided by the lead roles. The opera is a deft combination of frank emotionalism and flowing lyricism, with pseudo-historical spectacle. Based on a play by Eugène Scribe, the story was inspired by the real-life intrigues of famed actress Adrienne LeCouvreur and the legendary soldier—and lover—Maurice of Saxony. Cilea’s operatic retelling quickly became a favorite of charismatic soloists. The title character in particular is a quintessential diva role.
Click here for more information and to purchase tickets.