Orcas Center offers a diverse sampling of the world’s best performing arts–theatre, ballet, and opera–without leaving the island!
- All the shows are filmed live with an actual audience during a live performance.
- You get to view these shows from the best seat in the house in the world’s most renowned theatres.
- You get to view these productions on our 24’ wide HD projection screen and full 5.1 surround sound.
- The shows are reliably at 1pm on almost every Saturday.
- Tickets just $12 for general admission, or $10 for students/seniors/members
This Saturday, February 23rd, Orcas Center is proud to present King Lear, with Ian McKellen in the pivotal role. Chichester Festival Theatre’s production received five-star reviews for its sell-out run, and transfers to the West End for a limited season. Jonathan Munby directs this ‘nuanced and powerful’ (The Times) contemporary retelling of Shakespeare’s tender, violent, moving and shocking play.
Considered by many to be the greatest tragedy ever written, King Lear sees two ageing fathers – one a King, one his courtier – reject the children who truly love them. Their blindness unleashes a tornado of pitiless ambition and treachery, as family and state are plunged into a violent power struggle with bitter ends.
Click here for more information and to purchase tickets.