Orcas Center offers a diverse sampling of the world’s best performing arts–theatre, ballet, and opera–without leaving the island!
- All the shows are filmed live with an actual audience during a live performance.
- You get to view these shows from the best seat in the house in the world’s most renowned theatres.
- You get to view these productions on our 24’ wide HD projection screen and full 5.1 surround sound.
- The shows are reliably at 1pm on almost every Saturday.
- Tickets just $12 for general admission, or $10 for students/seniors/members
This Saturday, January 12th, Orcas Center is proud to present the multi-award-winning drama The Madness of George III will be broadcast live to cinemas, in National Theatre Live’s first ever broadcast from Nottingham Playhouse.
Written by one of Britain’s best-loved playwrights Alan Bennett (The History Boys, The Lady in the Van), this epic play was also adapted into a BAFTA Award-winning film following its premiere on stage in 1991.
The cast of this new production includes Olivier Award-winners Mark Gatiss (Sherlock, Wolf Hall, NT Live Coriolanus) in the title role, and Adrian Scarborough (Gavin and Stacey, Upstairs Downstairs, After the Dance).
It’s 1786 and King George III is the most powerful man in the world. But his behaviour is becoming increasingly erratic as he succumbs to fits of lunacy. With the King’s mind unravelling at a dramatic pace, ambitious politicians and the scheming Prince of Wales threaten to undermine the power of the Crown, and expose the fine line between a King and a man.
Click here for more information and to purchase tickets.